Elementary Day Camps
HARBOR KIDZ at Harbor Light offers day camps for all elementary students, whether enrolled at Fremont Christian or not. Our day camps are designed with the student in mind. We have fun activities every day that include a huge combination jump house/slide, movies shown on a large screen, coloring table, crafts, and time outside on the playground. We also schedule one to two field trips for each camp.
You may register online below or you may complete a registration form, found in the business & church offices, and turn it in with a check or cash payment. Additionally, lunches are provided at our day camps and included in the cost.
If you have any questions, please call Harbor Kidz at 510-744-2222.
UPCOMING Camp Dates:
Summer Splash august 6-10, 2018
Flat Rate: $215 for full week
Daily Rate: $50 per day
Siblings: $100 per additional child
Ready to Register?
A Typical Day at CAmp:
Some of you may be wondering what takes place during our day camps. First of all, we want you to know it is all about having fun and playing. Our day camps are designed with the elementary student in mind.
Every one of our day camps has the following:
- A huge combination jump house/slide inflatable.
- An 18' inflatable slide.
- Movies shown on a large screen.
- A coloring table.
- Time outside on the playground in the morning and in the afternoon.
- At least one field trip - a typical field trip might be to Pump-It-Up for two hours of unlimited play, or bowling, or to Chuck E. Cheeses in San Jose.
Each of our day camps have high school counselors who have been trained to be watchful and to interact with the children. Pastor Brent Way, Children's Pastor at Harbor Light Church, organizes and oversees each of the day camps.
- What are Children's Ministries Camps? Harbor Light Church coordinates with Fremont Christian School's schedule in an attempt to provide a day camp for each scheduled break from school. We have high school counselors who are responsible and ready to play with your child. We assign children into teams and place a counselor over that team. Throughout the day the counselors watch out for each member of their team.
- Who may attend the day camp? All elementary children ages 5 years old through 6th grade can attend. You do not have to be a Harbor Light member or FCS student to attend. If your child is going into 7th grade in the fall, they may still attend the camp. Parents of children in TK (transitional kindergarten), your child will attend the Elementary day camp, not the Preschool day camp.
- Cost? We offer several camps throughout the year.
- Elementary Price Break Down:
- Flat Rate for Full Week: $215
- Daily Rate: $50 per day
- Sibling Discount: $100 per additional child
- When we offer a Preschool day camp, parents who have both a preschooler and an elementary student pay as follows:
- Preschool - pay full price of day camp
- Elementary - pay sibling price ($100 per additional child).
- Elementary Price Break Down:
- Cancellation Policy? If your child is unable to attend the day camp, refunds may be given up to 1 week before camp. If you cancel after this deadline, no refunds will be given. You see, we have paid for field trips and purchased supplies to accommodate all registered attendees. Sorry for any inconvenience.
- Registration? Click on the day camp you want your child to attend and follow the prompts. You can select 'Full Week' or 'Daily Rate' depending on which dates your child will attend. We allow you to pay by credit card on-line only. If you do not wish to pay on-line, you may print out the registration form, write out a check, and drop off three things (registration form, check and picture of your child) in the Church or Business Offices.
- Receipt? Your email address is required in order for us to send you a confirmation of your child's registration and a receipt. If you register via cash or check, a confirmation is sent to your email address with receipt included. Those who pay with a credit card will receive an email confirmation from the online system.
- Dress code and lunch? Daily lunch is included in the cost, excluding field trip days. On field trips, children must bring a bag lunch. Your child can wear "free dress" clothes.
- Where and when do I drop off my child? Is there an extra fee? You may drop off your child as early as 7:00 a.m. - the same as Fremont Christian School hours. The Activities Building is typically where you will drop them off and pick them up. We require your child to be signed in and out every day, the same as Fremont Christian School. Morning and Evening Child Care is included in the price of the day camp. If you pick up your child after 6:30 p.m. (Monday - Thursday), or after 6:00 pm on Friday, then we do require $1/minute, payable in cash upon arrival.
- Field trips? We believe the day camps should be fun! Going on field trips are fun so during every day camp we go on one or two field trips. We leave from campus and return to campus so you will drop off your child and pick them up in the Activities Building. Sometimes the activities we choose require WAIVERS. We will notify you of this ahead of time. Print out the waiver and hand it in along with your registration form. Do not wait until the day camp starts.
- My child is not yet 5 - May they attend? If your child is in TK (transitional kindergarten), they attend the Elementary day camp. Otherwise your 4-year-old may attend the Preschool Day Camp, if available. Please call camp director, Oti Velazquez, at 510-744-2282 for more information about Preschool Camp dates.